Ok..so we set it up to do "visitation" at our church like they are doing at North Gate. Our great friend Todd showed up to go with us. After an hour of soaking in worship we got a list of words of knowledge for the people we might meet that night. Here is the list
hearing loss
possible brain issue
Marriage with lots of conflict
Douglas
boy with glasses and dark hair that answers the door is thinking about suicide (I quietly wrote this one down because I thought it was to specific and I would be embarrassed to give it, but I wrote it on the pad just in case. hehehe!)
As we're walking out, a lady comes in. No one comes into the church on Tuesday evenings. She is actually there for a meeting for another church that is sharing our space, but she has the date wrong. We ask her while she's there if she would like prayer. We find out that she is the one with conflict in her marriage! We got to minister to her and we had several other words for her that seemed to bless her. Now were pumped. We hadn't even left the church yet and we've got one word down!
So we walk down the first street and we talk to a couple of people. We say that we are from the church around the corner and that God has sent us to tell them that His Kingdom is here and we have been given the ability to preach the Gospel, heal the sick and free the oppressed. Then we asked them if we could pray for them.
At first people answered the door, and seemed very glad that we were there, but did not ask for prayer. We decided to try another street, but we grabbed the last one on that block before we went another direction. The door opened and a teenage boy with glasses and dark hair answered the door! He was very uneasy with us being there and said he didn't need any prayer. The guys, not knowing about what I wrote were ready to turn and leave, but I had to say something. I stepped forward and said "God says to you that he has a plan for your life and purpose. He says you're worth it!" He seemed a little shocked and then promptly shut the door. I hope it was enough.
We went down the next street which was a row of duplexes on one side and apartments on the other. We came to one house where a man was sitting in his garage watching TV. We gave our schpeal and he said he didn't need prayer. When we turned to go we saw a man walk out on his balcony of the apartments across the street. We yelled up at him, could we pray for him. He said yes and came down. He was a new, brand new Christian and was really seeking fellowship and answers. He wanted prayer because he had lost his father. Todd was able to minister to him, having lost his father recently as well. We prayed for other areas in his life as well as offering to come back next week and answer any questions that he might have. He seemed very excited.
When we turned to go, the man watching TV was now at the street waiving us over. When we got there, he sat down with his back to us and said, "You guys are going to think I'm weird." We assured him we would not. "I just got back from the doctor and they have diagnosed me with Neuropathy. I've lost feeling in my feet and it's progressive. It's going to go to my brain. And I think it's really strange that I just got back and then you guys show up asking to pray for me." We prayed for healing and he received greater movement in his ankles which he didn't have. We said we could come back next week and pray again. Our new friend triple checked with us on several occasions before we left to confirm that we indeed would return.
It was getting late now, so we headed back to the church and there were two men walking toward us down the street. We ask them if we could pray for them and they seemed really blessed as we prayed for their family life and a jobs. They wanted to know when we would be coming back that way as well!
Whew! Praise you Jesus!
Can't wait for next week!
Blessings,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment