Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggidy, jig.....

I'm back in Dallas. This is not a happy visit. I received word yesterday that my Uncle Billy went to sleep Monday night, and did not wake up in the morning. For those of you who don't know. Uncle Billy and Aunt Tootsie are very special people in my life. Being the middle child, it was hard for me to feel special (not the fault of my parents I might add), but they ALWAYS made me feel special. I would spend at least a week with them every summer and (shh..) I got an extra Christmas present every year! Uncle Billy was an amazing person. He could play the piano like I'd never seen anyone play before. I wanted to learn too at the ripe old age of 4. He would spend hours sitting at that piano bench with me, tediously showing me how to plunk out notes so I could play a duet with him. I loved him, and he taught me to love the piano. I know he is showing the angels how to worship with ragtime right now, so there is peace knowing he didn't have to suffer and he is perfectly healed in the presence of our Lord Jesus.

Blessings

Emily

No comments: