Sunday, December 21, 2008

Divine Appointments & God's Sense of Humor

Hey Folks,



I want to start this blog with saying I'm sorry for not posting until now....Yes, this is Jon not Em this time. I've been wanting to post since Houston, but haven't and I'm sorry. Thank you Emily for continuing to be the glue that keeps us connected to our family, friends, and each other.....I have the best wife in the world.



Alright, Allot of folks want me to write down some of the awesome things God has done and I wish I would have started in Houston. I still might add those, but I want to save you a book for now and just start with one day here in NY.



Yesterday, was my first day of appointments here and I was getting a sense that God was going to make this more of a day of intimate time with him and not a day of Divine Ministry Appointments........I was wrong!



I was enjoying the drive on the snow covered streets, God's beautiful creation here in the mountains and hills of NY, and some worship thanks to a local worship station when I was thinking this. I gave the day to our Lord as I usually do and made myself willing and available to be used by him. I went to my first assignment and had a great time meeting with my new friends in tin buck two NY. But no ministry opportunities presented themselves there. No problem, I was enjoying this personal time with God anyways.



My new friends John and Christine......

My second assignment was one of those obvious divine appointments that I mentioned a couple a weeks ago at church. However, it was God wanting to minister to me through other Believers this time. I walked into John and Christine's home and almost immediately new we shared the same Love for our Lord Jesus. The presence of God was all over their home. I did my job and and then we started sharing our life stories. God immediately pointed out that I was in the home of two awesome warriors of His kingdom with sincere gifting in the prophetic, pastoral, leadership, and mercy. Christine started speaking into the "Big Fish's" purpose shortly after she heard our story. She noted that there has to be a reason that God redirected our life's journey approximately the same time our countries recession started and people started hurting. There has to be a reason why he wants us all over the country during this time. God new I needed encouragement at this time. I struggle daily with the fact that this decision to travel daily, though it is exciting, adventurous, obviously favored by God, is also a huge sacrifice for my family. STABILITY, SECURITY, LEADERSHIP....these are my responsibility in our family and when we don't have water, when our propane runs out and I'm working, when I'm driving 50 miles per hour with a 10,000 pound trailer behind me and hit a sheet of ice.....I don't feel like I'm doing a good job and I question my ability to hear God in his direction. Thank you John and Christine for being faithful and ministering to our family.



Officer of the Averill Park, NY State Troopers.......

On my way home, I stopped by a Auto Zone to get a new fuse for my truck. When I got out of the truck, another gentlemen pointed out that my light was out.....I chuckled....I'm getting kind of used to this now. When I'm home waiting for deployment, everything seems to go smoothly and without much hitches. But right before I get deployed, all the little stuff starts coming out of the wood works. Anyways, it was great timing, I bought a headlamp bulb while I was in Autozone and changed out my fuse. However, it was cold and it slipped past me to change out my bulb until I was on my way home. 30 minutes down the road as I was literally pulling into the park, I saw the lights......Red, White, & Blue....Followed by the siren.



As the Officer was walking up to my truck I got a picture in my head of a 7-8 year old boy with this Officer's hands on his shoulder........You've got to be joking God!......You wanted me to get pulled over just to speak into this Mans life.....How cool is that! I immediately new I forgot the bulb on purpose and I also knew this was a divine appointment. After we discussed my burned out light and discussed why I would drive from Dallas to NY at a time like this, God took over my tongue and I found out that the boy was his nephew and that he is going to have a great and God favored influence on this boys life. It was neat to watch his face as he turned from an intimidating protector of the peace to a curious and grateful man with a God given purpose to fulfill.



Anyways, I love these divine appointments and God's sense of humor. Thank you my friends, family, and fellow God Chasers....Your prayers, support, and overall patience with the nuts that is the Havens' family is cherished, felt, and priceless.

In his Peace, Jon

No comments: