Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stuck

Hey Guys,

I know you have been praying for us!

Let me tell you what has transpired this week. You knew we were stuck, but we decided to make the best of it. We looked online and found a church not too far away. It was so refreshing to find such genuine people of God. Their hearts were focused on caring for people and showing God's love. Within minutes of meeting people, they made sure we had money, and coats. On assuring them we did, they then wanted to make sure we were taken care of spiritually and emotionally; finding outlets for the kids and offering contacts for babysitters so Jon and I could have time. This was just who they were with out apology! We will always remember meeting the folks at Living Water. That's where our miracles began. We had planned on giving when we got back home to our church, but Jon felt God urging him to give a small amount at the church we visited. In his own words, his mind began convincing him that we needed everything we had until we got back. As the offering plate came, he hadn't pulled the $20 out, but behold the heart of a child. Eythan reached into Jon's wallet and pulled out a $20 and gave it to Jon. Jon obeyed and put it in. Now let's do some math. I had budgeted around $30 to go swimming at the YMCA that day. When we got there, I had the amount wrong. It was $10. So what was our savings? I'll give you a second mom.....ok...$20!!! But wait....I had budgeted swimming twice in the next two weeks, so that's a total of $40 created in our finances! Double what we gave! I know to some of you this might seem trivial, but to us finding God's work in the smallest things are uplifting. But the story doesn't end there. That afternoon Jon got a call from from his field manager. Recall that Jon was having problems with is Admin manager and payroll, so we weren't sure what to expect. All his field manager wanted was to go on a ride along with Jon, but seeing as he was done, Jon asked to ride along with the field manager instead to get some more training. Great! This morning Jon left around 9 with his boss. He called me at 10...."Get read to go, we will have $1500 in the bank by 3." I don't have the whole story yet, but I'm guessing this field manager knows some folks in the company! So there you have it. We're stuck and broke, but by divine appointment we meet the great folks at Living Water, we are obedient in giving, and in return we are blessed financially and our payroll problems get fixed, and by another divine appointment Jon has made a relationship that will bless our future goals with this company. It's all in how you look at it....we weren't stuck after all, we were just where we were supposed to be. And now we are coming home! See ya soon!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: