Today Angels were watching over Caedon. I went to the bathroom, and when I got out I realized the doggie door was open. My first thought was "Where's Buddy?" He appeared around the corner. Relief. Then I said, "Where's Caedon?" He on the other hand did not appear. Terror! I searched every room in the house. I went to the back yard and called. I went to the alley and called. I ran to the front yard and called. No Caedon. I grabbed my phone and went back to the alley. I could see all the way down the alley toward the busy street, but I couldn't see all the way the other way. I ran that way and called 911. After a few questions, the lady on the other line said "OK, I think we have him." "What!? Where is he? Is he OK!?", I asked. "Well if it's him the police will bring him to your address. Go back to your house and wait." I ran back to the house, but waiting was terrible! What if they didn't have him? What if he was hurt? What if they were taking him away? I was becoming more hysterical not doing anything. It felt like an eternity, but finally the police car turned down the street. There in the front seat was my precious Caedon, face covered in snot and dirt, reaching his hands out to grab me through the window. I snatched him up and had to use the cop car to support my weight I was crying so hard with fear and relief. "Where was he?", I blubbered. "He was walking up and down Paige by the alley, crying. But you don't have to worry about him going with strangers, he wouldn't get in the car, and he we couldn't catch him!" I realized if I had walked the opposite way down the alley, he was only about 10 houses away. I had to recount how he escaped to the cops and I thanked them profusely. Angels where with him. Paige is a very busy street but he was unharmed. The right people at the right time saw him. The wrong person could just have easily snatched him away.
Please pray for Eythan and Charis, they are just as traumatized over this as me and Caedon. Also pray for God's guidance as I'm sure we'll be dealing with CPS in the next week.
Have a better day than me!! :)
Blessings,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment