Well things have been quite for the big fish...if you subtract the sounds of retching, congested coughing, and fever induced screaming. We've gone through the stomach flue, colds, and two year molars in the last couple of weeks but that's about it as far as adventure goes. We have made some decisions on Jon's job. We received more information about "the other company" and as it turns out, he can train for the new/better company and not loose his Allstate cert. It's really a win/win situation!
We've also been looking at houses, to buy or rent. For our children's sake, and our sanity's sake we really need to have a little larger, more permanent place to call home base. Pleas pray for us as this is a HUGE decision for us right now.
Finally, Jon was put on standby today for Texas storms. This includes the area of Austin, or San Antonio. Either one would be fine with us. We are itching to get back on the road, especially if it keeps us close to home!
Life is really weird right now. I feel so far away from God. Sometimes I find a whole day has gone by and I haven't even thought of him once. This is new for me as I'm normally constantly in contact with him. You know: "God help me." "Lord Give me strength", "Lord, protect my children" (from me!), "Lord have mercy" (I really mean that one, 'cause I really need it!).
You know what I mean though. Jon's having a rough time too. He hasn't seen much God stuff going on in the last assignments he's had and it's making our situation a little rough, because Doin' the Stuff was part of the Big Fish deal!
Anyway, if you want to say a quick prayer for us, it could go something like this "God, do stuff with the Havens."
We've really enjoyed being home, and we appreciate all your prayers and encouragement. We love Ya'll!
Blessings,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment