Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where to begin

There is so much I'd like to share with you I'm afraid that one post would be overwhelming. So I'm going to start with our pane trip. I'll save the conference and the awesome works God is doing for Jon for another time!

Well, traveling in an air plane with three kids, one of them two years old, went about as well as could be expected. We got to the air port early in case it took me a while to get all four of us through security. It actually went pretty smoothly until we had all gone through and a man says "We're going to have to check one of your bags." Having nothing to hide, I went to where they directed me and a woman appeared. "Is there anything sharp that could poke me before I open this?" "I couldn't guarantee it, it's our school bag. I checked it for scissors before we left, but I'm not entirely positive." She dug around for a minute and then pulled out a zip lock baggie. It was then that I remembered the clay tablet project I had done a couple months ago with my sisters kids. I had wondered what happened to all that clay! Well apparently it's not a preferred substance to have in a carry on, especially in a wade, in a zip lock baggie, along with the chargers for your computer and cell phone! I told them they could trash it, but they said they couldn't and had to do some testing on it. So I stood there for a while while they rubbed this on it and sampled that. Eventually they gave it back and said they were sorry to have detained me. I completely understood.

So after killing an hour at the gate we get all lined up to board and then they tell us we're delayed another 20 minutes. Once we get on the plane, and I'm trying to get the kids settled in their seats, a man gets on board and decides to sit at the emergency exit. The problem is.....he only has one hand! Ok....I'm all for equal opportunity, and not discriminating....But seriously....you need two hands to open the emergency exit. So he gets all offended and won't change seats. They have to bring in two big wig guys to talk him down and I'm not sure how they finally resolved it but I think the words "free" and "sue" were tossed around a bit. Ok, now that we've sat on the plane an extra twenty minutes for that little outburst we finally get in the air. It was a little rough with turbulence, but not too scary and Caedon had a blast, along with Eythan and Charis. The poor people in front of us hated us though. All Caedon wanted to do was put the tray down, put the tray up, put the tray down, put the tray up.....ahhhh! He had finally had enough by our decent and pretty much screamed for the last 20 minutes.

It was sooooo good to see Jon and the kids flipped when they saw him.. It's awesome to be together as a family again. No matter how small our house, or how crazy our life. We're a family and just being together is the thing that makes it all worth it.

We love you all and we'll keep you updated on our progressing adventure. Jon just got some more claims here in Georgia, so we may be here for a while, but we would also like to be sent to Oklahoma city area.

I'll check in tomorrow and let you know the awesome God stuff happening with Jon!!!

Blessings!

Emily

No comments: