Hey,
We've had a really great day. It's kind of like being on a deserted Island. We have everything we need PLUS....TIME!!! Charis actually learned to ride her bike today, and we flew a kite this morning. We are still waiting for Jon to get some claims so we know where to go. We thought about going west of Houston, but then the realization came that he might have to travel to Beaumont and that would make where we are at the prime spot to be. As you all know Jon makes friends wherever he goes and today was no exception. He went looking for water...well...because we are new at this RV thing and didn't check our freshwater tank before we left Alabama, and though we filled it up it was REALLY stinky. He met some folks down the road with a generator and a well and offered to trade water for Public Adjusting Service...BINGO!
So here I am, well on my way with my part of the Big Fish Adventure, and I'm still not sure what God is up to. Jon had been getting words of Knowledge for folks around us and ministering to them like he was born to do. I had no doubt of that. The kids are making fast friends at every stop...yes...even in the parking lot of a damaged Exxon. And here I am....doing what? I have a lot of time to converse with God as I drive the car with just me and the dogs on our travels. So here is where I'm at. The first place we stopped at was a dump. The trailer next to us was permanent and there were four kids under the age of 6 living there, one of them just a little older than Caedon. I know the oldest was six because she wouldn't let me forget. The first day we were there they stole all the kids toys and "piggy" (our cement pig that greats people who come to our house, we've had him since Charis was born). I was quite put out, but everything turned up later. The next day, I heard them playing with the stuff again(which I didn't mind), about 6 am on Sunday morning...a little annoying. Then...they knocked on my door all day long and ran away until I let my kids go out and play. Then there was no getting rid of them. About 2 a car pulled up with two adults in it, gathered all the kids and disappeared for an hour or two. When they returned, the incessant knocking returned also. This time it was to show me her birthday presents. I told Summer, that was the oldest one, that I would make her some cookies for her birthday and did. They stayed on my doorstep eating, talking, and playing until I made them go home at 10. IT was then that I realized that they had been home ALONE this whole time. My heart broke. I could have done so much more. That night I went to take the dogs out and in that small trailer with those 4 kids, the two "adults" were screaming, cursing, and I'm pretty sure the guy was beating the woman, but I couldn't prove it. We left the next morning because we just didn't feel safe there. I wanted to cry as i imagined those little ones getting up early again and coming out to play with their new friends and we wouldn't be there.
The next place we went to had a bunch of kids too. Eythan and Charis had a blast! Again, the kids wanted to talk to me to and it was quite annoying. Didn't they know I had stuff to do? our last day there, Charis played with the little girl across the way (who stole her barbie, but Charis didn't care). When I went over to the trailer to talk to the girls mom about looking for it, the little girl let me know her mom wasn't home and wouldn't be until "night, night time." OH GOD!!! I did it again!!!! Here I've had the opportunity to be the one thing I know I am....a mom, and I let it pass by.
So here is where I'm at. What does God want me to do? Just be a mom to every kid I meet? Is He trying to urge me to do something special at the places we stop to minister to kids, some kind of program? WHAT!?!?! Jon knows what he is doing....the kids know what they are doing....What am I supposed to be doing? I guess we will just have to wait and see.
On another note....I will probably be heading home tomorrow or the next day as they will most likely be taking my Papa off the ventilator.
See you soon!
blessings,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment