Friday, May 1, 2009

Why the shower head broke

I was scrubbing the shower (my favorite job in the entire world...not) and I must have gotten to zealous because; now covered in comet and sweat; I turn on the shower and....it doesn't work. Water is just spewing out the bottom of the fixture. After and hour of doing, we figure out that it's flat broken and there ain't no fixin it. At least there are bath houses here and I could get cleaned up.

So on Jon's day off we have to travel across Atlanta and go get the part we need to fix it. Of course this is an RV so you can't just go down to Lowe's and pick it up. We had to find an RV specialty store.

An hour and a half in traffic later we get to the RV part store and get our part. While we're there we decide to look at some of their RVs for sale. As we're walking back to the office to pay for our part a car pulls in and is overheating. Jon sees if he can help. After he's talked to them for a while (the woman gets out and it's obvious she's about to pop out a baby any day), and we've paid for our part. Jon offers to tow them with the truck to their mechanic.

It's a horrible drive but the whole way Jon is praying for some word of knowledge or wisdom from God to speak into their lives. He says he thinks something about singing. He asks me if I have anything. I don't. So he asks the kids if they have anything. Charis says "No, but right before you asked me that, I had a picture of a lion in my head." I got the interpretation. If she is a singer, the Lion is the symbol of the tribe of Judah, and God has anointed her singing for his worship.

So the awkward moment approaches (for me anyway....no one else ever seems bothered by this but me) where Jon shares the words. She is entirely blessed by what he has to say and then he turns to the man. Jon's only word for him was "purpose". It really meant something to the guy and what Jon told him was right on. Then Jon says out of the blue "the purpose God has for you will be inherited by your son" and points to the pregnant girl. The girls squeals and says "He just kicked! He just kicked! When you said that he kicked!" It was a really neat moment and then Jon was able to encourage them to get into a church and be in fellowship.

It was amazing for our family to participate together in evangelism and a perfect pictures of "see in part, hear in part". I didn't even care anymore that I broke the shower!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: